Please visit [link] to have a look at what is offered in the Premium version or donate now by following this [link]
This application features:
- The ability to have weather forecasts from around the world (information provided by World Weather Online). With the basic version only one additional location is allowed. Please consider upgrading to the premium version if you wish to have more.
To cycle through the locations, simply click on the square dots at the bottom of the dialog. The first one will always be the local weather.
- Choose to update from every hour up to every six hours.
- Five day, extended forecast.
*This application requires version 4.0 of the .net Framework. Please make sure this is installed before running this application.
0.5.1.0 - June 06, 2011
- Fixed issue with images not appearing. Now includes the correct images for weather conditions.
0.5.0.0 - June 06, 2011
- Now using World Weather Online for grabbing weather information. This should hopefully be a more stable API and won't be subject to the changes seen with Google's weather API.
- Added Premium version. A donation of at least 2 dollars will unlock this version. Donations can be at the following link: [link]
Please be sure to enter the email address you'd like the serial code to be sent to when making the donation.
- The basic version now only supports 1 additional location. The premium version will support an unlimited amount of locations and will provide extended details for the current condition.
- Added night images for all weather conditions.
0.3.0.0 - May 31, 2011
- Fixed crash if added location is not valid. There is no notification other than invalid locations will not be added to the list.
- Added 'Auto startup with Windows' feature.
- Due to popular demand, added 'Override default temperature unit'. When enabled, you'll be able to manually choose which unit of measurement (Celsius / Fahrenheit) Forecaster uses.
0.2.3.0 - May 30, 2011
- Fixed possible crash when changing forecast location while Forecaster is updating forecasts.
- Fixed crash while updating forecasts if network connection is lost / not available.
- Fixed possible crash if current condition information is not available.
- Fixed bug where previously removed locations would re-appear after adding a new location.
- Fixed bug where previous additional locations would re-appear when all locations were removed.
- Fixed bug where the degree symbol was shown twice in the system tray's tooltip.
- Changed the Celsius / Fahrenheit abbreviation from "c / f" to "C / F".
- Added 'Select multiple locations' to remove in the setting window.
- Added 'Hit enter to add location' in the "Add location" and "Add local location" dialogs.
*I'm sure there's possibly some more fixes / additions but I can't think of them at the moment.
For those that have previously downloaded version 0.2.0.0, you should have received the update notification via Forecaster already.
0.2.0.0 - May 29, 2011
This is a very big update and I really hope I've fix as many bugs that were reported as I could without adding any new ones.
- Fixed 'XML error' that occurs with non-English characters. You should now be able to add cities that have accented letters like Nürtingen and Châteaudun for example.
- Fixed 'Text longer than 64 characters' error
- Fixed possible crashing when using basic theme on Windows 7.
- Fixed settings window not saving / using the 'Set update interval' feature.
- Fixed bug when deleting a city in the 'Additional locations' tab.
- Fixed crash when not connected to the internet. It will now let you know if there is an error when updating.
- Added tooltip when the mouse hovers over a page indicator.
- Added balloon notification when weather conditions change. Enable 'Show notifications when conditions change' in the settings window.
- Moved some elements around for more of a Metro look.
- Forecaster will now automatically use Celsius in countries that use metric.*
*Please let me know if this works as I can't necessarily test this thoroughly.
0.1.0.0 - Initial release. Probably has a few bugs but should be working mostly.
Please email any bugs reports to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Forecaster - Bug Report' in the subject line.
I have always been a weather bug user, but it seems to be giving incorrect information. I am looking at Forecaster and reading your reviews.....it is looking much better than weather bug. Am wondering if it will give an alert of impending severe weather, such as winter storm warnings, severe thunderstorms or tornado watches / warnings.
This is a wonderful little program. Thank you for sharing it with us. Here are two questions/feature requests I have:
1.) Would it be possible to show the current temperature in the tray instead of the forecast (ie the cloud)? 2.) You can click on the tray icon to open the program. Could you make it possible so that a second click closes it? Now it closes when you lose focus.
1. I'll look into adding that feature. 2. This is a bug as it's supposed to work that way but I never got around to fixing it and it didn't bother me. I guess now that it has been brought up, I'll get to fixing that.
Thanks for the suggestions and I hope you continue to enjoy using the program.
This is by design. Most people only need the first couple of letters to know which city's forecast they are looking. It's there mostly for aesthetics and as a quick reminder. There are two other places where the user can see the complete name if that is needed.
these are simply my
opinions and are not
meant to imply that
you should agree or
disagree nor should
these prove to be
offensive in any
way; if I do come
then you have my
Magepresented by the
This article came
about after a
requested that we
write ten clear,
simple tips for
information can be
very useful, but
it down into
chunks is so much
easier. So without
further ado plea...
This feature is for
all the happy
couples in the
world, the love
shared in families,
and for the good
friends.What I see
in these pictures..
The love, the
tenderness.. This is
what I search for. I
really hope I will
find someone like
you already did.Look
upon the sunand
think of that...
Hello everyone! Here
is another volume of
wonderful art! :la:
:heart:I tried using
sta.sh writer wooo
:woohoo: - PLEASE
FAV :+fav: THIS
JOURNAL SO THAT MANY
DEVIANTS CAN SEE IT!
- A NICE COMMENT
MAKES SOMEONE'S DAY
:hug:- THANK YOU FOR
let's share the
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More