New version available -- Updated 02.09.06!!
I started this this project a couple of months ago and never really finished it because there wasn't (in my eyes) a huge demand for something like it. That changed when I saw Andrew announce the upcoming program "[URL="http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=31904"]Nubs[/URL]".
That got me inspired and so I decided to finish off my little contribution to the StickyWindows for Windows clone arena. This probably isn't the best application out there (Andrew's will probably be much better than this) but it's fun and easy to use.
Just drag the window you want to tab off-screen (either left or right for now, might add in top and bottom support if there's enough requests) and a tab will fade into view while GhostTabs hides the window. If you want the window back, simply click on the tab and the window will fade into view again on screen.
If you want to simply take a peek at the window, keep the tab by right-clicking it and selecting 'Show Window'. When you're done, right-click the tab again and select 'Hide Window'.
Also, the tab will update to reflect the title of the window so you'll always know which tab controls which window.
Version 0.5 - (02.09.06)
- Fixed 'pulling away' of tabs from screen edge.
- Prevented tabs from being dragged off-screen.
- Truncated tab text if window title is longer than 35 characters.
- Context menu in system tray is fully functional now.
- Added auto-delete of tab if window no longer exists.
- More things I can't remember at the moment...